The airport master plan is the short- and long-term development concept for the airport. It is the local airport planning document to be used as guidance in planning for airport facility needs over a 20-year time period.
- Existing Airport Inventory
- Aviation Activity Forecasts (to be approved by FAA)
- Facility Requirements
- Development Alternatives
- Recommended Master Plan Concept
- Capital Improvement Program/Financial Plan
- Land Use Compatibility Analysis
- Airport Layout Plan (to be approved by FAA)
The FAA recommends that public use facilities such as the Lincoln Airport update their master plan every 7-10 years or as local aviation conditions change. The last master plan for the Lincoln Airport was completed in 2007.
Coffman Associates, a national aviation consulting firm specializing in airport planning studies, was selected following a qualifications-based selection process.
The FAA provides 90 percent of the project funding, with the remaining 10 percent funded by the Lincoln Airport Authority. The federal Aviation Trust Fund is the source of FAA funds, which is funded exclusively by various aviation user fees, including taxes on airline tickets, aviation fuel, and some aircraft parts.
The TAC consists of local community leaders and stakeholders. The TAC will provide guidance and feedback on draft master plan documents. TAC meetings take place at key milestones in the planning process. A list of individuals serving on the TAC can be obtained from airport management.
All pertinent project materials, including draft submissions, are posted to this website in the Master Plan Documents. In addition, this project calls for up to three public information workshops which will be held during the master plan development process. The public information workshop will be advertised locally and on this project website.
Most of the work on the airport master plan can be done remotely. There are several in-person meetings (TAC and Public Information Workshops) included in the scope of services. The scope also includes an alternate option of hosting meetings remotely through commonly available internet-based services such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or RingCentral. Should it become necessary, these resources will be utilized.